Committees are the association’s backbone and account for the success of association activities.
They are the means to accomplish the year’s goals and the building blocks for future years. Committee members are the association of tomorrow. Decisions of the Board of Directors are based on the research and recommendations of committees.
Committees must focus on their purpose and direct energies to accomplish tasks in the committee job description and the expectations given by the president.
Requirements for services on a committee include:
- Desire to contribute to make a difference in the profession
- Willingness to attend committee and/or directors’ meetings
- Familiarity with the bylaws and policies of the association
- Complete projects unfinished by prior year’s committee
- Complete goal/assignments as outlined in the Strategic Plan and Annual Budget within the agreed upon time frame
- Carefully select committee members ensuring that there is a wide mix of participants; consider members based on various firm sizes, geographical location etc.
- Make input to revision of committee job descriptions
The Colorado Association of Home Builders was established in 1974 with the intent to assist Colorado builders with their legislative concerns. Today, CAHB remains more committed than ever to protecting the homebuilding industry at the State Capitol.
Builder and Associate members alike have not only benefited from our legislative efforts, but also our member benefit programs and networking opportunities throughout the year.
Let CAHB work to your advantage, stay on top of legislature that affects your everyday business, and connect to potential customers and clients.
- Join CAHB through your local HBA today.